[geeks] employment(and the rehash there of)

David Passmore dpassmor at sneakers.org
Thu Feb 21 22:12:03 CST 2002

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 11:07:35PM -0500, Big Endian wrote:

> I agree that Job > !Job but Job !> Nervous breakdown.  I *NEED*
> something else or I will end up either in prison or a mental ward.  I
> nearly came to blows w/ my stupid manager at work today.

Take a vacation or something. I'm NOT KIDDING. At least in prison they feed
you. I've littered the DC area with my resume for any position I might be
qualified for, and many I'm overqualified for. I've harassed HR persons.
I've pretty much used up my friends and vendor contacts. No dice. Seriously,
look for a job on your spare time, but don't quit in a fit of anger, because
unless you have 6-8 months of living expenses saved or can swallow your
pride and move back in with your parents, you will regret it. A lot.

Plug: http://www.sneakers.org/resume.html ;)

David