MacIvory and MacBeefing (was: Re: [geeks] Hmmm.. xterm versus Mac OS X Terminal.app)

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Feb 21 13:06:48 CST 2002

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 10:01:30AM -0800, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Jochen Kunz wrote:
>
> > http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~moeller/symbolics-info/symbolics.html
>
> Ohhhhh, shiiiiiny...
>
> That woul dindeed be a cool buildup for a IIfx... Gee, I wonder what else
> could be done to one... I didn't pay much attention to the cool products
> for it, as it was released right when I graduated from college and entered
> the job market.

With that many NuBus slots, your could cram it full of 3210 accelerator cards
for photoshop, although it only helps with filters, not doing the real work.

Also, you could crap it full of Digidesign DSP cards for protools, but that
would be expensive as heck.

Not sure what else cool you could do with it.

--
Joshua D. Boyd