[geeks] More netbsd sillines

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Feb 20 21:52:16 CST 2002

Sorry to keep bugging you all, but I really am not that well schooled in
system administration, especially on non-linux OSs.

So, I installed a default NetBSD installation on an SS2.  Then I installed
perl, python, rp-pppoe, and apache.  Now, I'm trying to make apache actually
work.

Now, I do the apachectl start command, and then I can see httpd in the output
from ps aux, but when I try to connect to the web server, I can't connect.

See the log after the .sig to see what I mean.

Again, sorry, but I've been trying to search all over the net.  I can
telnet to the machine just fine.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

bash-2.04$ telnet localhost 80
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
bash-2.04$