[geeks] Looking for a couple of Mac programs

Jon Still jon at tertial.org
Wed Feb 20 08:59:18 CST 2002

On Wednesday, February 20, 2002, at 12:04 PM, s at avoidant.org wrote:

> Yeah, but Nifty's only ssh 1. Most of my other machines are running 2.
> MacSSH is 2 only, so perhaps both are necessary?

While I've never used MacSSH (I used NiftyTelnet SSH) I found my
paranoid self heeding the warning on the website re LSH (part of MacSSH):

LSH IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. IT WILL NOT PROVIDE ANY SECURITY ON SYSTEMS
THAT LACK /dev/random. THERE MAY BE OTHER SERIOUS BUGS THAT MAKE IT
TOTALLY INSECURE.

Now unless they've provided an alternate PRNG I'd be worried :)

J.

Jon Still                               E-mail: jon at tertial.org
System Administrator                    Web:    http://www.tertial.org/
tertial.org                             Tel:    +44 (0)7977 066087