[geeks] Hmmm.. food for thought...

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Tue Feb 19 18:01:07 CST 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> True - totally.  But because every worthless CTO takes them as bible, I'm
> forced to read the effing things.  I'd much rather have more time to read
> Open Magazine and Linux Journal, but because Infoweak and Netbork World come
> out every freaking week, my reading time is limited.

I have no problem keeping up with the local suits using a combination of
sunhelp geeks, Slashdot, Silicon.com (I highly recommend it), cnn.com, and
my own internal knowledge and stumbling about (I do a lot of surfing all
over and find a lot of info accidentally)  Those two titles go straight
from the mail to the waste basket with maybe a cursory glance.  I mainly
read Linux Journal, MacAddict, Mactech (excellent... highly recommend
it... it's a MacOS X/Mac oriented Dobbs Journal... highly complex), Time,
Server Workstation Expert, and probably Sysadmin (when I pick the
complimentary copy up sometime soon.... Sambo's recommendation).

Regards,

Andrew J. Weiss