[geeks] Kids and Computers

Rob rstaab at panix.com
Tue Feb 19 12:44:57 CST 2002

What form did the "customizing" take?

When I was in High School, we used to write batch files which printed out:
"I am an overpriced PC sold to <name of high school>" at boot time and
replaced the prompt as well. The machines were real IBM PC's when clones were half the price.
I knew everything back then. Since then, I've only found more questions
and the answers come so much slower.

- Rob