[geeks] Transferring Video to DVD

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Sun Feb 17 19:15:53 CST 2002

On Sunday, February 17, 2002, at 02:39 PM, s at avoidant.org wrote:

> OK, this I get. Pete seems to valuing form over function, which is fine
> as a matter of personal preference. I tthink I'd rather have the Dual
> G4, though.

Not at all.  I'm just realistic enough to admit that my current G4/500
MP is overkill for me - I do the occasional photoshop, but nothing much
more complicated than what I was doing on my Quadra 660AV years ago. The
only thing the new iMac lacks that my G4 has is PCI slots.  Big whoop, I
use one of 'em for a SCSI card.  I could just as easily get by with a
FireWire<->SCSI converter.

I would suspect that many of us have computers that are in excess of our
needs, but that's what makes us techno geeks. (Or one thing, anyway.)

I love my G4 tower, but I know I could get by easily with the new iMac,
as it is that good of a design and packs everything I need into a small
form factor.

-Pete