[geeks] observations and rants.

Adam Kropelin akropel1 at rochester.rr.com
Sun Feb 17 18:25:56 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Bradford" <mrbill at mrbill.net>
To: <geeks at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2002 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: [geeks] observations and rants.

> On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 06:47:23PM -0500, Adam Kropelin wrote:
> >*That* was unquestionably the worst day of my career. We were a close bunch
and
> > a number of the guys were on H1s so getting fired essentially meant they
were
> > also getting thrown out of the country.

<snip>

> Sad thing is, Seth was on a H1B, had just bought his first new car (after
> learning how to drive) and found out he had a kid on the way.  Fortunately,
> $DAY_JOB gave everyone at least 2 months severance, and he found another place
> to work within that time frame.

None of these guys were in that bad a way, but none of them were that lucky with
new employment, either. Of the three, one found a job in NYC. The other two were
forced to leave the country.

> (out of six people, we were down to five, then two contractors got
>  ended-early the next week, then out of that three people, one of the
>  guys had 30 days vacation scheduled, and had been scheduled for months... so
>  we did the next 30 days with two people where we'd had six before.. yow.)

We were down to two from eleven. And after six months, we're still at two. Add
to that the fact that I've been doing the duties of about three other people who
have left over the years and you can see one big reason I'm leaving.

--Adam