[geeks] observations and rants.

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Sun Feb 17 13:30:32 CST 2002

Bill Bradford wrote:

> The job market. 8-)

Yeperoo. In 2000, I happily jumped ship when OS/2 was phased out of the
place i'd been working because I found it hard to switch to a
subordinate position under someone with whom I'd been an equal. It was
all done on good terms, but I couldn't go from senior OS/2 admin to
junior AIX and feel good about it. I had another job in 3 weeks, and it
only took that long because I was picky.

Now I'm bitching about the place I switched to. It never really changes,
does it?

> (yes, everyone needs to marry someone who likes to get in their face about
>  stuff from time to time.. keeps ya lively..)

100%.

---sambo