[geeks] observations and rants.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Feb 17 13:03:18 CST 2002

On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 08:26:30AM -0500, s at avoidant.org wrote:
> I have to say, my inability to say "no" at this point is entirely
> pragmatic. I've got a wife and kids, and a mortgage I won't be able to
> afford without a job, even temporarily. Saying "no" as a matter of
> principle is completely out at this point.
> I *need* the next paycheck, even if it's not enough.

As much as I like "principle" and everything, if someone offered me $50K/year
more than I'm making now, to admin Windows machines fulltime, I'd say "yes sir
yes sir three bags full" and strap on the kneepads and put on some lipstick.

Its all about the Benjamins, baby (and the bills to be paid).

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net