[geeks] observations and rants.

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Feb 17 08:54:10 CST 2002

>   We work hard, create things, push the state of the art, develop
> technology...these suits rape companies, vote themselves raises, cheat
> us out of the stuff we build, and ensure that we can never challenge
> them...and THEY'RE the ones percieved to be "respectable" by society?
>
>   How can this be?

For the same reason that various hijakers were able to take control of
jetliners and smash them into buildings.  US Citizens, as a whole, expect
someone else to clean up the mess.  If someone breaks the law, we expect the
police to come and take care of it - we (by we I mean the nation as a whole)
would rarely think to take things into our own hands.

Lets face it - the majority of US citizens have been taught from birth to
bow to authority, and that the gubbmint has the final say.  We expect the
police to "take care of it", and we shouldn't ever intervene.

We're a nation of lilly-livered cowards that expects someone else to take
care of all of our problems.  This is exactly what the s/gubbmint/corporate
management/ wants us to be.

Problem is - the gubbmint/corporate management/ are the folkks *makeing* al
lot of the problems...

Kurt