[geeks] observations and rants.

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Feb 17 04:42:42 CST 2002

On February 17, Amy wrote:
> >   Nowhere is it written in stone that the world should be ruled by
> > suits.  We ALLOW them to do this sort of shit.  Why doesn't anyone
> > ever say "no"?
>
> cause they make sure to only hire those that will say 'yes' under
> pressure.

  I've been having a theoretical chat with Sridhar about this sort of
shit for the past two hours.  I'm hoping that the Enron debacle gets
bad enough for the general public to wake up and say "hey, what's
going on here?"  ...because it's happening all over the
country...granted, Enron is an extreme example, but make no
mistake...they're just the only ones who got caught.

  We work hard, create things, push the state of the art, develop
technology...these suits rape companies, vote themselves raises, cheat
us out of the stuff we build, and ensure that we can never challenge
them...and THEY'RE the ones percieved to be "respectable" by society?

  How can this be?

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire