[geeks] observations and rants.

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Sat Feb 16 05:02:22 CST 2002

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
> 4.  If someone doesent like their job as a cashier, and is displeased enough
>     that the customers going through their line notice, they should be back
>     stocking, etc.  When I'm coming through the line with my $20.18 worth of
>     stuff, I dont expect them to sit and BS with their friends for 2-3 minutes,
>     smack gum and roll their eyes, not say "hello" or "thank you", etc...
>     If you dont want to bother being friendly, get your bitch ass in the back
>     and unpack a truck, and get someone friendly up front.

We experienced this dilemma at the local Subway. After the manager looked
into it, we were promised three free subs -- what we had ordered that
night. Since we wanted to work around that particular woman's schedule, it
took us a week before we bothered to stumble in and get our sandwitches --
or at least attempt to.

The Subway employee: "Um... I remember she said something about that a
week ago, but I'll have to check back with her."