[geeks] observations and rants.

William S. wilby98 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 01:42:46 CST 2002

Geez, sorry to hear that "impoliteness" has hit Texas.
I have pretty fond memories of Austin and going out to
do shopping. On one occassion I had gone to the
HEB to pick up groceries. It was a hot day and got all
the way through the checkout. The "bag boy" packed
the groceries in the cart and followed me out to my
car (impressive). Then he uppacked the groceries into the
trunk of my car (more impressive) and as he was doing
so, noticed that my icecream was melted. Well, he then
told me he would be right back. He ran into the store with
the melted stuff and came back shortly to the car with
a frozen one (realllly impressive).

I don't think it gets better than that.  :)

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 11:39:39PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Let me rant here for a bit.
>
> Its a Friday night.  At 10:30, I decided to go to the 24-hour WalMart to get
> some packing tape, markers, etc, so I could finish packing up some stuff thats
> shiping out tomorrow (heads up, Kurt and Bill!).
>
> So, I drove the five or six miles to said wal-mart.
> I spent ten minutes finding parking.
> I went into the store.
>
> It was as if everyone in the neighborhood had decided to go to the
> store at 10:30, hang out in electronics, and play rap music loudly on the
<<snip>>
--
Bill
Amsterdam, NL