[geeks] All new hardware must have its sacrifice.

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Fri Feb 15 11:55:14 CST 2002

On Friday, February 15, 2002, at 09:34 , doctor obnox son of a bitch
wrote:

>  Working in a machine shop, using a surface grinder, I managed to stick
>  the tip of my left index finger into the wheel. This caused a deep cut
>  in my fingertip, which had to be scrubbed clean of grinding dust with a
>  toothbrush.  Ack!

Ya know, I almost forgot the other really bloody one - when I was in
college I worked for the PR/publications dept. doing layout and design.
While laying out the '88 catalog I chopped off the very tip of my left
index finger with an X-acto knife.  VERY messy, and I ruined two days'
worth of work.  (I stuck the tip on and covered it with gauze and a
bandage.  It healed.

That poor finger - it's also the one that got shattered last may... (I
know Bill is reading this, cringing, and saying, "Ow, ugh!  I hate
finger stuff!")

-Pete