[geeks] Mom envy...

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Thu Feb 14 21:00:45 CST 2002

Just got email from my mom, who is 72.  She just picked up her new iMac
G4/800 today.   She's been on a waiting list for the Apple Store in
Albany, NY.  The cool thing is that they offered her a "open box
return" - somebody picked one up, and decided it was too hard to learn
how to use. HA!  So, she got a full warranty and 10% off!  She also
picked up a 3-year applecare an ordered a 512M upgrade.

Amazing.  Plus, her DSL just got hooked up.

Just goes to show that you're not old @ 70 anymore...

I just got to see one for the first time today, I am indeed impressed.
I think if someone offered me $2500 or so for my G4/500 MP that I would
go out an buy one.  The LCD is the best I've seen, and very responsive.

-Pete