[geeks] wanted: tibook

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Thu Feb 14 10:29:23 CST 2002

Alice Conrad wrote:

> > hi y'all. i'm lookin' for a nice little tibook if anyone has one to
>
> Aren't we all .

Yep. I gave up, though, and got the Wallstreet. I don't think there are
any bargains to be had on Tibooks, though if one is willing to get the
non-Ti ibook, prices have come way down. A decent one can be had for
~$1300.

Actually, this leads me to a question I was going to ask anyway... How
can I tell bus speed on my Wallstreet? It's running MacOS 9.1. I go into
the System profiler, but there's nothing there to indicate bus speed.
I'm assuming it's a Series I because it's got a 12.1" passive display.
That would actually be a good thing because the Series I's have an 83MHz
bus, while the Series II's are 66MHz. Apparently it WILL make a
difference once I get to the Sonnet 500MHz upgrade, and even the
intermediates (I'm currently high bidder on a 250MHz cpu on ebay) will
be faster than their 66MHz counterparts (the 250's faster than the 266
from what I've read).

Advice? Thanks!

---sambo