[geeks] Sorry for the mass questioning, and this off topic post.

Adam Kropelin akropel1 at rochester.rr.com
Wed Feb 13 20:32:02 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Geek" <geek at geeksworld.net>
To: "geeks List" <geeks at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 1:30 AM
Subject: [geeks] Sorry for the mass questioning, and this off topic post.

> Ok, here's the thing. My PC(Pentium 233 MHz, 64 MB RAM, Win 2K Pro)
> has pins on the board that the manual, which I have in
> PDF(http://www.geeksworld.net/Downloads/833201.pdf), says are for
> PS/2(next to the keyboard slot) and USB(back of the board last row of
> pins before slots) and I want to use both of these. The BIOS has the
> ability to turn both of these on, and after enabling them
> Windows(Yeah, I know) has added both to it's configuration. The
> question I have is whether anyone here knows where I can find these.

By "these" do you mean the appropriate cable-and-connector so you can actually
plug in a mouse or USB device?

If so, the PS/2 header looks just like the standard mobo header I'd expect to
see on an AT board. My mobos always came with the the right breakout connector
mounted on a port blank, but I imagine they're available from any decent
build-your-own-PC store.

The USB header looks typical as well, except I only count 8 pins in the diagram
and the USB header is usually 10, as far as I can remember. One of the corner
pins is typically blocked out for keying purposes.

--Adam