[geeks] Stupid people rant

doctor obnox son of a bitch drobnox at visi.com
Wed Feb 13 11:06:02 CST 2002

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 06:45:11PM -0500, Joshua D Boyd had the audacity to opine:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 02:20:39PM -0700, Dave Kimmel wrote:

> > > Today is National `Canadians Are Shit' holiday. Defame the national flag
> > > of Canada and see who cares.
> >
> > Wasn't that yesterday during the figure skating competition?
> >
> > Well, ok, it wasn't our flag, but we're still not happy about it.
>
> I don't blame you.  Sale and Pelletier's performance was beautify.  Far nicer
> than the Russian team, and I usually like the Russians at skating.

I'm impressed with how the Canadans handled themselves afterward. The
interviewer from NBC tried her hardest to get them to say something
inflammatory about the judging, but they never took the bait. Classy.

--

                            "Safety Third!"

Eric J. Gustafson                                   drobnox at visi.com