[geeks] Stupid people rant

Dave Kimmel criscokid at v-wave.com
Wed Feb 13 11:02:12 CST 2002

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Tom Borton wrote:

> I beg to differ - my wife's car, a '96 Chrysler Cirrus, has the battery
> tucked in a niche in front of the left front wheel well.  I gave up and
> paid my local mechanic because *he* had a lift for the damned car.
>
> I had never seen such a screwy battery location in my life.

According to the manual for my '00 Cirrus, you can simply crank the
steering wheel all the way to the right to get at it.  Personally, I don't
believe that.  In a way, I can understand putting it there because the
engine compartment is so cramped, but at the same time they could have
made it fit and be accessible if they really wanted to.

Sadly, with the merger with Daimler-Benz, I expect Chrysler cars to become
less and less owner-maintainable in the future.  But there is a certain
appeal to an (entirly theoretical) Intrepid with a Mercedes powertrain and
all-wheel-drive system...

-- Dave Kimmel
   criscokid at v-wave.com
   ICQ: 5615049