[geeks] Stupid people rant

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Feb 13 10:15:45 CST 2002

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Amy wrote:

> my two overblown cents as i don't like this subject one bit--too many
> years of personal vendetta behind it. i'm more than a little disappointed
> when i hear 'high standards' being associated with beauty or size.

I find that disappointing as well... as if one person's opinions are the
end all be all of what is and isn't attractive.  Beauty is entirely
subjective and not only physical.  It refers to so many things.

> beauty is an evil, misleading thing. it's too subjective for peace of
> mind and it never leads to happiness seeing as how it is too changeable.
<...> exactly.

<...> my stock answer to all the seventh grade boys who taunted me for
being

<...> it's easy to find an intelligent person, they tend to stay
intelligent throughout life.

Hmm I'd have to say no and yes... Yes they stay intelligent barring
Alzheimers, but no I don't think it's always easy to find intelligent
people... well not as easy as one might think...esp in my area.  This
doesn't mean that while single I'd settle for anything less than
very intelligent.  I'd just wait.

<....> next time you discount a girl because she happens to be a little
bigger at first glance, hrm?

Wouldna happen here.... but I'd say in general don't worry... for every
three or so dumb guys that'd do that there's at least one solid gold guy
who wouldn't.  I'd certainly say 1 in 20 people (approx) would be
specifically holding out for this girl or guy.

Andrew J. Weiss