[geeks] Stupid people rant

Geek geek at geeksworld.net
Tue Feb 12 17:56:28 CST 2002

Two points. First, that a bunch of geeks discussing Figure Skating is
scary as hell. That said, my second point is to point to what someone
else said, about the same thing happening to Americans(I think) at
another Olympics, and agree. The Eastern judges have screwed a good
number of athletes from the West, and sadly I doubt this will ever
change. The best thing about this is that we show how much better we
are by the fact we have never tried to do the same.
I would also like to see the IOC bring in a rule that if a
competition or event is appealed(yes, there should be such a process
available) then the judges who decided it should have to give their
reasons, and explain themselves, especially in such a blatant show of
favouritism. This has shown why I do not watch the Olympics, this is
ant Ross Regbliatti controversy last Winter Olympics. I am sorry, but
I have never smoked weed, but I am sure it does not improve your
athleticism in the least.

Dwight Wallbridge,
Webmaster, Geek, Blogger.

Geek Blog online http://blog.geeksworld.net/