[geeks] Stupid people rant

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Feb 12 17:01:37 CST 2002

various people wrote:

> [ebay rants]

I've generally had pretty good luck with ebay.  I've sold two items - one
a Cisco ISDN router, the other a Palm m500, for sizable amounts.  The chap
who bought the router and the *second* person to buy the Palm were both
very good about contacting me and paying promptly.  As a buyer, I've had
no bad experiences.  I haven't bought anything expensive though, because
I don't let myself get caught up in bidding wars.  I just bid once at the
start with the most I'm willing to pay then that's it.  Being a conservative
bidder, however, does mean that I haven't won any of the five Beboxes I've
bid on :-(

   "There seems to be something wrong with our ships today"
     -- Rear-admiral Sir David Beatty, on seeing the Queen Mary
        and the Indefatigable destroyed at the Battle of Jutland