[geeks] Stupid people rant

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Tue Feb 12 15:21:06 CST 2002

> > > As a Canadian, I hate using eBay because I find people distrust me
> > > simply because I am Canadian. I haven't bought anything on eBay in
> > > the entire time I have had an account. I just look there for a
> > > watermark of fair price, and look locally.
> >
> > Today is National `Canadians Are Shit' holiday. Defame the national flag
> > of Canada and see who cares.
>
> Wasn't that yesterday during the figure skating competition?
>
> Well, ok, it wasn't our flag, but we're still not happy about it.

I don't watch the Olympics, or skating, and don't care, but
my wife watches.  I was on the couch working wireless and
could hear the crowd's (and my wife's) reaction.  My wife
said the Canadian pair's performance was exceptional and
flawless, but the Eastern bloc voting put the Russian
pair's score above, even though the Russian pair messed
up a landing.

I like Canada.  They are our (USA) greatest ally, and while
I like our national anthem from a patriotic stance, "Oh,
Canada" is a beautiful song.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net