[geeks] Stupid people rant

Adam Kropelin akropel1 at rochester.rr.com
Mon Feb 11 14:25:19 CST 2002

<snip>

> Goes back to my first rule. People Suck.

OMFG!

I am *totally* and *completely* with you on this. Over the last three
weeks I have had run-ins with some ebay people who must quite simply be
the dumbest on Earth. It is getting to the point where selling on ebay
isn't worth the stress of trying to be honest and polite to morons and
shysters.

Mere moments ago... (This is verbatim, the guy is too dumb to qualify
for privacy treatment.)

------------------

HIM:

IM intersted in buying 2 fans off of you. <snip> I dont understand why i
have to bid on an additional auction if i want 2 of your fans, is it
about the extra feedback you want or something?

ME:

I'm not a distributor, I only have 4 fans and I want to sell them all.
The only way to guarantee I sell them all and nobody ends up
shortchanged is to sell them separately. I've offered to combine orders
so someone who wins multiple units can save on shipping.

HIM:

well if i win one auction and want to buy 2 fans then you just take one
auction off of ebay and cancel it right? cant you just do that. or do
you
want to see how much the price goes on each fan so you can make more
money,
thats how i see it as.

ME:

No.

You really should stop trying to guess my motives. The terms of my
auctions are clear and honestly stated up-front. It is your choice to
bid or not bid based on the price, product, terms, or whatever criteria
you want to use.

HIM:

well i was going to buy off of you but only if i could buy 2 fans off of
you
i dont want to bid on 2 auctions. Ya your motives are clear i  see what
they  are.

ME:

I think that decision is the best one for both of us.

--------------

ARGH!

So now trying to recoup a little money and offer your buyers a chance to
combine items to save on shipping is aparently immoral.

*Man* these guys piss me off.

--Adam

<footnote-rant>
And I'm not even going to bring up the winning bidder from three weeks
ago who *still* hasn't paid and has been blaming his inability to use
paypal on *me*.
</footnote-rant>