[geeks] Urk! Win 2K question...

Tom Borton tborton at usa.net
Mon Feb 11 13:01:09 CST 2002

Have you tried simply disabling and re-enabling the interface through
the GUI?  The use of ipconfig relies on the name of the interface, even
for the "_all" options, and I've seen a number of cases where ipconfig
shows the CLSID (long hex string in braces) rather than "Local Area
Connection".  When it does that, ipconfig is worthless, but doing
Start/Settings/Network/Local Area Connection, Disable button, and then
repeating the menu options to re-enabled, has always worked for me.

Tom