[geeks] windows games

Peter Street peter.street at lazerfx.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 12:35:24 CST 2002

Behalf
> Of Julius Sridhar
> Sent: 11 February 2002 05:58
> To: Bill Bradford
> Cc: geeks at mrbill.net
> Subject: Re: [geeks] windows games
>
> On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
> > Okay, I have a windows box.  Its decent at games.  Suggestions for
> > stuff that I can download?  I've got plenty of FPS games; I'm
looking
> > for puzzle type stuff, etc....  things that dont involve guns 8-)
>
> Look into Sierra's "Quest for Glory" games.  It's a very engrossing
> role-playing adventure game.  No guns involved.  And, although some of
> them are old, they are some of the most fun I've ever had with a
computer
> game.  They're abandonware, so I can make an ISO image for you, if you
> would like.
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

And on the same line, don't forget the "Kings Quest" series... <goes all
nostalgic at playing "KQ5:Absence makes the heart go yonder" for yonks
until he figured out how to get past the needle-in-a-haystack puzzle...

And if you haven't got XP, get Betrayal at Krondor.  -->Excellent<-- but
doesn't work on XP :(

Peter Street
Web Developer / Manager
LazerFX Productions