[geeks] Urk! Win 2K question...

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Mon Feb 11 12:19:31 CST 2002

<shakes head sadly>
I can't believe I'm asking this, but here goes...

An executive in my chain has a win2K laptop that is behaving oddly (and
we've seen this on other win2k boxes) - it cannot get a DHCP address
correctly after time has passed.  The NT server says "yes, it has this
address", but the laptop (and other desktops from time to time) comes up
with 0.0.0.0.  Weincreased the number of addresses available, so there is
not a pool problem (Besides, the server thinks everything is *fine*).

If we *manually* assign an address, reboot, then select DHCP and reboot
again, everything works like a charm.

I ^(^&()!! hate windowz...

-Pete

-----