[geeks] Product Information for 'Skyline 11Mbps Wireless PCI Card Mac Only'

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Feb 10 17:13:59 CST 2002

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 06:07:57PM -0500, s at avoidant.org wrote:
> Bill,
> Weren't you looking for one of these?
> http://www2.warehouse.com/product.asp?pf%5Fid=DEC4431&cat=pc

"MAC ONLY".  ALready have a Airport card in the Mac, and no PCI slots
anyway. 8-)

> Also, what do you think of this?
> http://www2.warehouse.com/product.asp?pf%5Fid=DEC4497&blind=no&cat=networking

Eww, "After Rebate".  Its $145 without rebate; for cheaper than that, I got
a Lucent/Orinoco RG-1000 (same as Apple Airport base station with different
firmware and enclosure).

I hate "after rebate".  I'll either buy it based on the no-rebate price, or
not at all.  "rebate" is fancy language for "let us earn interest on that
$40 or so for 2 months while you wait for it to show up".

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net