[geeks] First Bad eBay Experience

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Mon Feb 4 20:18:26 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Dittman" <dittman at dittman.net>

> A neutral feedback saying the product had easily an easily misread
> description is just that.  Feedback on my experience.  If eBay views
> that as "retaliatory, inflammatory, provocative or harrassing" that's
> their right, but I always have the right to appeal through legal
> channels.

Actually you dont have the right to sue or even to get an injunction or tro.
That's part of the EBay user agreement. I've had several people I know try
and sue and be advised by their respective attorneys that they didnt have a
leg to stand on. Though actually in some states it is either impossible of
very very difficult to give up your right to sue so if you live in one of
those states it may be possible.

Trust me on this one man, just dont leave feedback. I know you're irritated
but it's not worth it. And whatever you do dont try and contact anyone
bidding on any of his other auctions. My ex did that and was banned for
"interfering with the conduct of an auction".

Chris Byrne