[geeks] Disassemble MS forcefeedback joystick?

Peter Street peter.street at lazerfx.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 15:26:15 CST 2002

Just checking - it's nice to know exactly what attempts someone has made
to work on a project before you start making recommendations.

I took a friends apart.  Needed a little wellie to shift it.  AFAICT
there are internal clips, little plastic hooks, something like

   |----------
   |  ______
   \_//\
-----/  \

(Scuse the rough ASCII art)...  Unfortunately, these clips have to be
examined carefully and the bit that hooks over (On top in that diagram)
has to be squeezed, carefully, so that it will hook over the other
piece.  (This was on the base - splits into two parts, base comes in
half).  Unfortunately, the one we took apart didn't work again - it's
rather complex in there, so you have been warned.  Just make sure you
take care of the clips.

Peter Street
Web Developer / Manager
LazerFX Productions