[geeks] Non-computer mailing lists

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Sun Feb 3 10:13:29 CST 2002

Kurt Huhn wrote:

> http://www.hondamotorcycles.com/models/2002/index.html?model_number=VT1100C2
>
> 9 yrs?  Deal with the wife, or somthing?  I'm allowed to have one as soon as
> I've saved up enough cash to buy it outright.  No loans allowed on toys...

Yeah, and not a bad deal, either. No bike 'till our daughter is 15, but
I've got my Jeepster and the basement for a "datacenter". The one
exception would be if I can find just the right Indian. My daughter
wants me to get a sidecar. OK, I will.

Actually, I had permission to buy a bike last summer and I didn't. I
waffled too long (hadn't seen the Shadow) and her father bought me the
Buick, so I wasn't in need of a daily driver anymore. Well, bought *her*
a new Buick, which meant I got her 2-year old one. I'm really not an
ingrate, but if I sold the Buick, I could buy Al's Mercedes and finish
the Jeepster. I can't, though, can I?

She actually told me to go buy a bike and I didn't.

Ah, well.

---sambo