[geeks] Certifications

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Sun Feb 3 05:47:05 CST 2002

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 11:21:03AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 nick at snowman.net wrote:
> > There is a reason for that.  I have no intrest in every going through the
> > hell that is CCIE Lab
>
> could someone define what the CCIE lab is?

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/625/ccie/ccie_program/faqs.html

Basically the lab is a full-on, 1 day (used to be 1.5 days, but it got
cut back to 1 day) hands-on exam which forms a part of getting your CCIE
(Cisco Certified Internetworking Engineer).  Generally regarded as the
hardest certification to achieve, and as a result one of the few which
is definitely worth having.

  Scott.