[geeks] Quick question before I purchase this flatpanel...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 23 09:05:36 CST 2002

I am thinking of getting the Samsung 17.1 inch black flat panel for
$399.99 (after $150 rebate) at www.bestbuy.com, since a scan of the
Mfg. website shows me that they are sun compatible:

http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_detail.jsp?eUser=&prod_id=171V-Black

I am curious if anyone has any exp. with these panels before I drop my
money... I think the price is great, though I am tempted by the SGI
1600SW panels - but I am reluctant to buy something like this w/o a
warranty...

Thoughts on this model, or another to consider? The Dell 1800FP (or is
it FP1800?) looks good, but @ $600, a bit pricey for an extra inch...
Besides, it's not how big it is, it's how you use it ;^)

1280 x 1024 @ 85 Hz seems nice...

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com