[geeks] suggestions for a PC game box

Rick Hamell hamellr at heorot.1nova.com
Fri Dec 20 21:51:25 CST 2002

> I did a bit of reading in the newsgroups about
> onboard SCSI and it seems that many people
> speak of simply buying an Adapter. Also, I
> recall some people on the list favoring IDE
> type disks. Is there really a good reason to
> go with SCSI now especially on an Intel type
> game box?

	My personal experience is that Windows dosen't get as corrupted on
SCSI boxes as it does IDE. For most things there is little difference
speed wise. Although I do tend to sometimes use smaller SCSI drives for
the boot partition (and anything that I deem "critical")and then use IDE
for large storage/loading games and such.

	Rick