[geeks] Mutt question

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.net
Thu Dec 19 12:26:54 CST 2002

Hmm, I'm trying a version of mutt I compiled for myself on an Irix
machine against the debian package version.  I see that Debian applies a
lot of patchs.  Both are being accessed by ssh with putty and identical
putty settings for both and both machines having $TERM="xterm".  The
linux one has nice color bars, including dark blue across the top and
bottom, and light blue across the selected message.  The irix one just
puts the cursor on the selected message, and has only plain text without
any color across the top and bottom.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out why the difference.  Both versions were
compiled with HAVE_COLOR.  Both vresions are using an identical .muttrc
file.

I'm wondering if it would be a termcap issue, and if so if it would be
possible to have additional entries in ones own directory rather than
system wide.

I seem to remeber when I had compiled a previous version of Mutt on
Solaris that it didn't have color bars, but where the bars went it used
inverted text.  I'd be happy with that to.  For that version, I just ran
the default compile and that is what I got.