Cars in europe and the US, WAS [geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Tue Dec 17 21:10:24 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lionel Peterson" <lionel4287 at yahoo.com>
To: <geeks at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 6:08 PM
Subject: Re: Cars in europe and the US, WAS [geeks] What is Microsoft
planing with this?

> Tall people do not fit in BMWs (at least in the driver's seat). Period.
>
> Tall, in this context means 6' 4" (just under 2 meters) tall.
>
> IIRC, this includes the 7 series, unless something has changed
> drastically with recent models.
>
> Lionel

It depends on your torso to leg balance really. At 6'2" I find the three
series just a bit tight on legroom and headroom. Its comfy, but theres not a
lot of leftover. The five series has plenty of both up front, and not much
of either in back, and the 7 series has plenty of both front and rear,
especially the long wheelbase L versions. Once of the few cars that has more
legroom in the back than in the front. That being said Im almost evenly
balanced between leg and torso.

In most cars the biggest problem I have is shoulder room. In smaller cars my
shoulders will actually touch the upper bolster of the opposite seat. But I
also wear a 56 long coat (I believe thats around a size 70 european, or a
4-5xl depending on how it's cut). I find that BMW's sport seats for example
are too narrow, but they are extremely supportive.

Chris Byrne