[geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Mon Dec 16 17:32:42 CST 2002

> <rant>
>
> Ya know, why is it that so many people have such a problem with this?  I
> drive a SUV.  I do a a semi-decent reason for having it, but even if i
> don't, what the hell does it matter to you?  (just try to pick up and
> deliver a HP laserjet 9000 with 2k sheet feeder in a saturn, it doesn't
> work.)  But weather i have a reason or not to drive it, why the hell
> does it matter to everyone else?  Yes, it's big, i bought a big vehicle
> because i'm a damn tall person, and many cars, while i can drive them
> (drove the saturn for a while) are uncomfortable.  In my jeep i'm
> comfortable.  Yes, it's 4wd, and at over 90% of my mileage is on-road,
> but ya know, it's nice having it so that i'm less likely to get stuck in
> a snow storm.  Yes, it doesn't get 80mpg or whatever the honda insight
> does, but i knew this when i bought it, and i accepted the fact from the
> beginning that i would pay more for gas.  However, putting gas in it
> doesn't make me go broke, and i pay the same damn price for gas that you
> and most everyone else in this country does, regardless of how much i
> use in a week.  If gas prices go up significantly, i might opt for a
> smaller vehicle that gets better gas mileage and still suits my needs,
> but in the meantime, i happen to like my Jeep, and i'm going to drive it
> if only for that reason alone.  If you don't like the fact that if your
> civic got in an accident with an escalade that you might not survive,
> then think of that next time you pull out in front of an 18 wheeler on
> the highway, and stop whining.
>
> </rant>

As long as you don't pull behind me in the middle lane, cell phone buried
in your ear, and get pissed at me 'cuz I not doing 20 mph over the speed
limit (only 10).  In Jersey, there is really no reason to have one except
to intimidate other drivers.  They have uses...but not to commute to NYC over
paved roads, alone.  I bet that most SUVs in this state have been "off road"
less than my Protege.  I've also seen SUVs stuck in the snow more
than regular vehicles because the a-holes that have them can't drive! Most Jersey
drivers suck anyway. I know you are NOT one of those jerks but they make all
SUV drivers look bad unfortunately.

I can understand the driver size issue.  I saw that when my wife (who is 6 feet
tall) sit in a Miata.  She could never get the convertible top down (heh, heh).