[geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Dec 16 16:30:22 CST 2002

Mike Meredith <mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/905016.stm
> http://www.who.int/inf-fs/en/fact187.html
> http://www.who.int/inf-pr-1998/en/pr98-57.html
> http://www.urban75.com/Action/news121.html
>
> Shouldn't a responsible person consider this when choosing a car/truck
> ?

Naw.  See, I just don't care.  Right or wrong, I don't care.  Like it or
not, I don't care.  I'm willing to admit that my truck uses more fuel,
and as a result, expels more pollutants.  That much can't be argued
with.  But I don't feel the least bit guilty about my choice in
vehicles.  You're allowed to be upset with me, with my choice of
transportation, and with my attitude - and I'm allowed to shrug it off.

If it makes you feel better, I end up paying more in fuel and road usage
taxes - the dividends of which I can only assume go to fund research to
make vehicles that are just as powerful as mine and get better fuel
mileage (among other things) - I point to recent advances in diesel
engines as an example.  If not, then, what can I say...

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."