[geeks] Cooking with SGI-gear?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 16 14:26:36 CST 2002

--- Bjorn Ramqvist <brt at g.haggve.se> wrote:
> Judging by this eBay-ad, you realize something as gone wrong along
> the way somewhere...
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2080854086
>
> Buy a SGI 1600SW flat panel... and a sandwich maker. Um. Yeah, I'll
> do that next time I'll go shopping for a new microwave oven.

Couple quick questions:

Any idea what it would take (MultiLink box?) to run this on an Octane?

Is the B.I.N. price of $550 about market, or high?

Also, the SGI website says this runs at 60 Hz - is that
typical/fine/normal for a flatpanel display?

Thanks in advance,

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com