[geeks] You Are in a Maze of Twisty Tunnels...

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Dec 16 12:13:20 CST 2002

On Monday, December 16, 2002, at 12:11 PM, Matty wrote:
>>    ...except that it's horrifically ugly and damn near impossible to
>> read.
>
> I think that comment should be directed to the one coding the JSPs.
> JSPs
> can be written cleanly. Unfortunately not many ppl take the time to do
> that :(

   No offense intended, but I think you and I have very different ideas
of "clean".  My comments are based on the syntax definitions I've seen
in the JSP documentation, not other people's JSP code.  Having little
snippets of Java code interspersed within one- or two-character (<%=
... %>, etc) tags is not what I'd call readable.

   But I suppose it's orders of magnitude more elegant than what it's
being used to replace (Perl scripts)..

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "I'll send you adapters to go both ways."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Bill Bradford