[geeks] You Are in a Maze of Twisty Tunnels...

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Dec 16 09:59:52 CST 2002

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 04:03:57PM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> But the alphabet soup of J2EE is making my head hurt.  Do I want
> servlets or Java Server Pages?  Session beans or Enterprise Java Beans?

Figuring out the whole J2EE thing is on my list of things to do.  But in
the mean time, JSP sounds really bad to me.  Take something similar to
ASP (but with Java instead of javascript), and have the web server
compile the JSP file to a .class file on the fly?  Sure, a server should
be able to cache the files once compiled, but still.

--
Joshua D. Boyd