[geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Dec 15 16:50:37 CST 2002

Yuri K <koroby398 at ifrance.com> wrote:

> Hello Kurt,
>
> Sunday, December 15, 2002, 20:25:25 (UTC), you wrote:
>

> KH> Yeah, but this is a free (realatively) nation, and we all have our
> KH> choice of vehicles.  some of us like big ones, others small ones.
>
>              Very limited choice of allowed vehicles...
>              I demand a helicopter would be allowed to drive down the
>              streets like any other vehicle.

Okay, a couple of pointers.  Firstly, I did qualify that as
"relatively".  Secondly, a helicopter is far more fun if you take it off
the road and up into the air - at least the last time *I* did it.  As
far as driving whatever you want - as long as it passes some basic
safety inspections, you *can* drive whatever you want.  I point to the
companies that make kit-cars and custom motorcycle builders as easy
examples.

> This is not a free nation when you can not walk out on your porch,
> get your long-barrel on that tripod and shoot anybody who does not
> like what you like.  Look what just recently happened in the Sniper
> Belt part of the country.  Terrible violation of human rights and
> civil liberties.  Where are all those liberals when we need them most?

Whut?  Are you espousing the freedom to shoot whomever you want,
whenever you want?  That's not freedom, that's being a homocidal maniac.
 I may be wrong, but I think you just stepped over the line.  As an FFL
holder, former CCW holder, owner of various small armaments, and a
member of numerous 2nd amendment groups and coalitions, I find your
statement in extremely poor taste.  I am *not* offended, but I certainly
find it distasteful.

I *am* free to own whatever weapon I choose, so long as I pay the
appropriate taxes, fees, and transfer charges.  How I choose to use
those weapons are what set me apart from the criminals and asocial fuck
ups.

> Seriously,  demographics change rapidly, and according to some silly
> estimates, immigration will bloat this country to 500 M size pretty
> soon.  Still, expected average population density is expected to be
> low, but that's average.  Anybody ever asked himself why they don't
> drive this Dodges to work in other countries?  Just because they are
> inferior, I guess.

I don't follow your argument.  Though I do get a sense that you were
being facetious in the previous paragraph.  Frankly I don't give a shit
what other people drive to work or what country they live in.  I drive a
bigass truck, I use a gallon of gasoline for every 15 miles I travel, I
take up a whole lot of road, I'd just as soon drive over a curb or ditch
as use an 'entrance', and I don't give a fuck if anyone likes it or not.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."