[geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Dec 14 21:54:24 CST 2002

Yuri K <koroby398 at ifrance.com> wrote:

> City Diesels:
> They tried Diesel Rabbits in US.  Even a vegetarian redneck wouldn't
> buy it.  And those tiny Diesels easily go for 1M km. Daihatsu did not
> even try Diesel here, those are also very utilitarian vehicles.  So,
> no real competition produces a predictable crap that is easily masked
> by the size, weight, torque and other attributes pertinent to heavy
> duty production activities.

I had two rabbit diesels, and would buy another if I needed a small
diesel to make a 120-mile round trip again.  They're also deceptively
powerful.  I once got it stuck in a snow bank and got unstuck by putting
it in first, getting out and bouncing on the rear.  Of course, I had to
catch up with it when it left the snowbank :)  Out of the two, one had
185,000 miles on it when it was wrecked, the other one had 410,000 miles
on it.  Both on original clutches, with no rebuilds or major oeverhauls.
 The most I had to do either one was replace the rear brake cylinders
(rotors and drums got replaced a few times).

I routinely beat the major sportscars (Corvette, IROC, Mustang, etc...)
in the first 100ft of stoplight races - but the Rabbit ran out of breath
after that (no turbo).  If I had a turbo in one of those, man...

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."