[geeks] "stolen" email address

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Dec 14 17:38:17 CST 2002

Jim Carver <j.carver3 at attbi.com> wrote:

> Thanks Kurt & Shawn. I could figure out a little of this, but most
> went right past me. Is there a website or book anyone can recommend on
> deciphering email headers and mail routing? I dropped $5 on Powerball
> a while ago. If I win the $125 million looks like first stop is China
> ;)

I mostly just went by the whois you pulled, and took it one step further
by running a whois at arin.net (http://whois.arin.net) on the IPs, and
then did a dig (nslookup would also work) on all the info as I regressed
theough the info.

I could write a quick how-to later on if you're interested.  I'm now on
my way out the door to a Christmas party.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."