[geeks] ooh

jodys at helluin.org jodys at helluin.org
Fri Dec 13 22:04:48 CST 2002

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 03:17:14AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Friday, December 13, 2002, at 03:09 AM, jodys at helluin.org wrote:
> >But then again maybe my stereo system is not far enough into to
> >the stratosphere of audiophile equipment to notice. If anyone cares
> >the system I've been listening on is
> >Adcom GFA-535 Power Amp
> >Cabled with Audioquest interconnects
> >Adcom GTP-500 Pre Amp
>
>   Mmmm, Adcom.  I love their gear.  My office audio system is built
> around an Adcom GTP-400 preamp, a GDA-600 D/A converter, a GCD-575 CD
> player, and a Carver TFM-35x power amp.  So-so Cambridge Soundworks
> speakers, pedestrian-but-ok Monster Cable interconnects.

Nice, I got lucky an old friend of mine worked at a pawn shop and
would pick up equipment real cheap, I got the adcom preamp and
poweramp for ~$150. The Energys are really nice little bookshelf
sized speakers, but they sound like more than there $200 price tag.

Another nice thing is that, IIRC, most adcom equipment is rackmountable.
The brackets should be easy to make.

Jody