[geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Dec 13 08:55:42 CST 2002

Yuri K <koroby398 at ifrance.com> wrote:
>         I am not advocating sitting idle, public awareness is probably
>         a key. Yet the public is fat.  I was thinking about
>         printing "I support terrorism" bumper-stickers for the folks
>         who drive those SUVs and crew-cabinned 4xR dual-tired
>         airplanes without wings.  Next step is a toilet bowl and bidet
>         in a truck, so we could call those shit-carriers accordingly.
>         How about MRI of wisdom teeth before extraction?

I was with you right up until here.  Not that I necessarily agreed, but
could understand your POV.  Then you make some off-the-cuff remark about
people who drive a certain type of vehicle.  Some of us out here drive large
vehicles out of necessity, not as a status symbol.  700+ miles with the bed
loaded and pulling a 5000lb trailer - you just can't do that with a (readily
available, commercial) 4 cyl engine and hope to get there in a timely
fashion.  A similar trip, hauling my family and all our stuff for even a
weekend jaunt is impossible in anything less than my wife's truck.

There's more to life than some bohemian ideal of what people should or
should not do or drive.  Besides, what would I use to squish old x86 boxen?

That said, this spring I'm buying a Diesel truck for exactly the reason you
seem to be championing - to have a truck that can haul 5000+ pounds, and get
25MPG while doing it.  I'm certain if I'll be getting the DRW (dually)
package, but you may have just nudged me to order it - if for no other
reason than for spite.  And yes, if I could order a toilet in my truck, it
would certainly make those 700+ mile roadtrips more convenient.  Empty soda
bottles are a pain to aim at...

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com