[geeks] tablets for SGI

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Dec 12 16:13:52 CST 2002

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 02:47:05PM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> I'm interested in a tablet for my Octane - unfortunately, Wacom's new
> tablets require a "Unix adapter kit" that costs $170 (!!) over and above the
> cost of the tablet.
>
> I'm reasonably sure that there are some tablets out that will Just Work on
> an SGI.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Can you get a list of the input drivers already on your SGI?

I've heard several times from several places to make wacoms work without
paying large amounts of cash.  One that I found quickly was:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=wacom+SGI&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=3CD44984.4090508%40netscape.net&rnum=2

You need a PC wacom tablet of the serial variety.  I haven't heard
anything to suggest that there was any sort of USB support yet.

BTW, they also have a programmers guide on their FTP site.

--
Joshua D. Boyd