[geeks] Ideas

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Dec 12 00:16:54 CST 2002

Too bad you probably care about speed.  I'm finding this 8100/80AV that
I made my cable router is an excellent computer... (Hacked Yellowdog
2.0 install and I'm compiling 2.4.20 tonight... 2.4.6 right now... then
going to upgrade to YDL 2.3 later)  I find myself wondering why I
haven't done anything with it until now... and of course feeling the
itch to go get some other newer machines... mmmm 9500/9600... ...or my
personal fave... ANS 700.  My first attempt at a free cable router was
the Quadra 840 AV... that went...badly... I had it up and running, but
it was only 8 % reliable at getting a DHCP address... and was so slow
it was painful. (Debian 2.2r3)...I thoroughly hate 68k's right
now...though I'm sure the 68060 is nice...still CISCish.

feel the POWER...<Homer> mmm POWER </Homer> ... and yes I did buy the
watch so everyone can laugh.

Andrew

On Wednesday, December 11, 2002, at 08:42  AM, vance at neurotica.com