[geeks] bizarre stuff available

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Dec 11 15:09:16 CST 2002

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 09:00:24PM +0000, Yuri K wrote:

> Could be transferred to VHS as a cheap alternative to a 'proper' DAT
> temporarily. Easy and cheap.

A local radio station uses a cheap HiFi VCR for their long play programs
that get recorded earlier for over night or sunday morning broadcast.
Makes sense.  In theory a decent HiFi VCR should be very good for audio,
what with the width of the tape, and isn't it a pretty fast tape speed
also?

> MP3 sucks as a medium for anything else but "Home Prairie
> Companion" and funny answering machine messages. I can not stand MP3
> longer than a few minutes: too corpuscular for an analogue signal.

One word.  FLAC.

--
Joshua D. Boyd